DROMKEEN VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
What is a Volunteer?
Volunteering is an activity which takes place through not for profit organizations and is undertaken not for financial gain, is done of your own free will, is of benefit to the community and is not to be considered a precondition of paid employment.
Volunteering gives you the opportunity to actively enhance the quality of community life. Dromkeen acknowledges that volunteers have worthwhile skills, life experience and expertise that is a valuable resource and has made a commitment to support volunteers.
Volunteering at Dromkeen can provide you with the opportunity to:
- Be part of one of the worlds unique galleries
- Share your skills
- Learn new skills
- Develop employment networks
- Stay active and involved
- Give something back to the community
- Simply have fun
- Engage in work considered to be worthwhile
Book Conversation Workshop Volunteers
Some Possible Tasks
- Sunday from 1pm -4pm
- Take visitors around, welcome and show them the exhibitions, explain history, grounds etc
- Fill envelopes with information on up and coming events at Dromkeen, which are then sent to schools throughout Victoria
Some of the tasks that would be undertaken alongside collection staff
- Sorting matt frames for artwork
- Assisting in packaging for traveling exhibitions
- Working together as a team with collection staff to correctly hang artwork in any or all of the gallery spaces
CARING FOR BOOK COLLECTION
- Dusting and sorting the library of children’s literature and picture books
Volunteers at the art room clean up
These are just some of the selection of work you can be involved in and training will be included in all activities.