Click on a State to find a workshop near you!
Key Links, Into Connectors & Connectors
These sessions will explore:
Shared reading resources that provide
- engaging, expert models of reading and writing, and
- explicit probing questions to develop ‘thinking readers and writers’.
Guided reading resources that
- are carefully sequenced to scaffold reading development
- engage students in thinking and talking about what and how they read
- deepen and develop new reading processes and strategies for students at different reading levels, and
- act as writing models.
Independent reading resources that
- are structured to engage independent readers in peer group discussions, and
- expand the comprehension strategies used in Reciprocal Reading.
Jill is an international education consultant with a wide range of teaching experience spanning 30-plus years. As well as authoring many children’s and poetry books, Jill is also the lead literacy consultant on several classroom resources including Key Links,
Into Connectors and Connectors.