Scholastic would like to invite you to attend one of our popular literacy seminars delivered by a leader in literacy education, Jill Eggleton.
This session will focus on the components of a quality classroom
reading program for fluent readers and demonstrate small group
approaches for readers at this stage.
- How to ‘dig deeper’ into texts to encourage critical thinking and use of comprehension strategies
- How to use Guided Reading texts as a vehicle for exploring writing with a focus on:
- Structures and features of text types
- Writers ‘craft’: techniques used by writers.
- Discuss what Reciprocal Reading is
- When and how to implement Reciprocal Reading in the classroom
- Understanding GES resources and how they support Reciprocal Reading.
|New South Wales location:
|Tuesday 30 May
Cammeray Golf Club
35 Park Avenue