Scholastic invites you to attend one of its popular literacy seminars delivered by a leader in literacy education, Jill Eggleton.
This session will focus on the components of a quality classroom
reading program for fluent readers and demonstrate small group
approaches for readers at this stage.
- How to ‘dig deeper’ into texts to encourage critical thinking and use of comprehension strategies
- How to use Guided Reading texts as a vehicle for exploring writing with a focus on:
- Structures and features of text types
- Writers ‘craft’: techniques used by writers.
- Discuss what Reciprocal Reading is
- When and how to implement Reciprocal Reading in the classroom
- Understanding GES resources and how they support Reciprocal Reading.
|Wednesday 31 May
Oxley Golf Club
290 Boundary Road
|Thursday 1 June
Genesis Christian College
12-16 Youngs Crossing Road